Sunday 22 January 2012

My review of Where She Went

Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman 
Release Date: April 5, 2011


Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)
One of the best series I have ever read.

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Where She Went
isn't the kind of book you can forget about easily. It's a book that can teach you about hard hitting situations, about fame, about relationships and, most importantly, about love. This book will break your heart, yet give you an ending that's so perfect, so right.

I've become attached to the main characters, Mia and Adam, they are amazing, and I admire the love they share. At the start of this book, I hated Mia. I hated her so much. I couldn't even bare to see her name. She broke Adam's heart, and as I was reading this book I could feel his pain. I could feel how confused and devasted he was. Imagine how that must feel for a boy? Not knowing why the girl you loved with all your heart dumped you? Three years. Waking up every single day, confused and lost.

Forman does a brilliant job telling the story from Adam's point of view without sounding like a tormented girl. I think Adam is one of a kind, you can't find many boys in the world like him. But after reading If I Stay and Where She Went, I realise you have to be patient, you don't have to look so hard, be yourself, like Mia was doing when Adam first saw her.

When Adam and Mia bumped into each other, I could feel how awkward it was. But when they started talking about their relationship, they let their feelings out. Three years worth of pain and loss. They replayed the accident that ruined everything, they talked and when they finished talking on that boat. There was no hope left in me. I was in tears. But then Mia came back, she explained everything to Adam. And that little ounce of hope for them getting back together got me through the book, without putting it down and getting a tissue.

I'm heart broken. This is book was the final book in the If I Stay series, I would have loved a third book but I guess the ending to Where She Went is so powerful you don't really need another book. But it would have been nice if there was.


I have to stress how much I love Forman's books. They are absolutely stunning. If I Stay and Where She Went are two of the best books I have ever read. It tops Harry Potter for me. They will stay with me for a long time.
Rating

23 comments:

  1. Omg, I've heard about this book that is amazing! Your review just makes me read it myself :) I know it won the goodread awards for best YA book I think, so I'm really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like first book (if i stay), this story make me sad :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Adam! I felt so bad for him the entire time, the way he gave up everything for Mia and was there for her and then she just left without telling him why.

    But that ending? It was SO worth it! They're so perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like love stories told by the point of view of a guy. It rarely happens that is why I appreciate a book like this. Someday, I will find my own Adam! :)

    Thanks for this great and positive review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the first book awhile ago, but I haven't read this! I need to get on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked If I Stay but Where She Went was truly amazing. Wish Gayle Forman had more books out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved this book ..maybe even a bit more than the 1st one! Whenever I see these books in a dtore I have to resist buying them (as I already own them )again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this better than If I Stay. Maybe because this one is the ending. And i love the song lyrics in it. So touching and really spoke Adam's feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read this. Like, right now!!!!!!
    Looks like it's time to remove it from the shelf and finish reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you really make me want to read these books. I haven't had the chance to read book one but from both your reviews it's obvious you loved them and you speak highly of them... I'm really looking forward to reading both books(hopefully that will happen soon). Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it just me or does the girl on the cover look like Emilie De Ravin??

    mestith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the cover of this book, I definitely want to read this once I get my hands on the first one. I love how it's told from a different POV, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh. I stil haven't read the first book yet. Must pick up that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to read the first one quick!! Sounds amazing. What was i doing without reading these books???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh these books just tore me apart! They were so good. UGH! Gayle's writing style is brilliant:) GREAT REVIEW!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These books seem to bring out deep emotions!! can't wait to start reading them!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got this from the library and I'm so excited to get into reading it, I can't believe its taken so long for me to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved Where She Went! I really liked the first one, but I LOVED this one. This one just blew my mind away. I would have liked a third book too, but I think it ended off nicely with two, so I'm okay without another. (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've read this book several times more than the first one. I just love being in Adam's mind. My heart broke that he was hurt so badly. Another thing that I love about the book is that there are lyrics of songs in each chapter I wished they were real songs. Me too! I wanted a third one but I'm still happy with how it ended.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have read this series soon...

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! This book sounds EVEN BETTER than If I Stay! Gosh no!! Now I have to add this one to my wishlist!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! I love so much this book! Is Totally Amazing!
    LOVE Adam! ♥ I`d Cried a lot!

    Great Review! Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I read the first one and I thought it was so good! I can't wait to read this one! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete