Thursday 1 March 2012

My review of Goddess Interrupted

01/03/12 - Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2) by Aimee Carter - Releasing 27th March 2012 - ARC

An amazing sequel that will leave you breathless!

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

Goddess Interrupted is a beautifully written book full of twists that will keep you hooked until the end. You also meet some new characters who you will love! The book picks up from where The Goddess Test left off. Kate has just come back from her holiday in Greece with her best friend, James. She is desperate to see Henry, desperate for him to hold her, to touch her, to kiss her. But nothing is going the way she wants it to. Henry has become distant and detached. And to make the whole situation worse Henry is kidnapped and a monster is let loose. Hunting Underworld until he finds the way out. Kate must rescue Henry, but to find him, she must find...Persephone! Dum, dum, dum!

I absolutely loved the plot for this book! It was daring, dangerous, interesting, action-packed and full of complicated relationships. You learn a lot about the main characters; how they feel about each other, their past, their deeper emotions, etc. When I read the blurb for this book I was immediately excited. Who wouldn't be? We finally get to meet Henry's ex-lover Persephone! My first thoughts on Persephone weren't very nice. She was just plain rude. I didn't understand how Henry could love such a horrible girl, but when you see her through Kate's eyes, of course Persephone is going to look like a witch.

Kate's main worry in this book, is that she could never live up to Persephone. She feels like a replacement, like she was born to succeed at what her sister failed. She also felt that Henry could never love her because he was still hung up on Persephone. Kate is going through a rough time in her marriage, eventhough she's only been married for seven months! I could feel Kate's pain very deeply as she fumbles through each day, waiting. Just waiting until Henry is finally ready to open his heart to someone other than her sister.

I do feel that Aimee Carter has done an awesome job on this book. It's much more detailed and exciting than the last book. The only negative point I can pick out is the ending. Major cliff-hanger?! What's going on there?! I don't want to give anything away, but I can definitely say that it is unexpected! I'm possitive that lots of you will be banging your head against the wall!

Overall, Goddess Interrupted is an incredible book that fans of greek mythology will love, just make sure that you've read The Goddess Test before you read this one! This book will leave you craving for more and desperate to get your hands on the third (and final) book!

I rate this book:




- Special thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin!

5 comments:

  1. Christina Kit.2 March 2012 at 16:08

    YAY!

    Glad you loved it. I haven't read it but it looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your review about this book. I think I should read it :D

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the first book in the series so glad to see this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with this! I LOVED this book so much more than the first one and the cliffhanger made me sit in shock for about 15 minutes. THAT WAS INSANE. Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I've been interested in this book, but have been unsure as to whether or not I should pick it up! Now, I see you absolutely loved it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete