Saturday 12 May 2012

My review of Wings of the Wicked

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2) by Courtney Allison Moulton
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository


Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.



Wings of the Wicked is the exciting new instalment in the ever-so-popular Angelfire trilogy. Packed with action, new characters and the romance us readers just can't get enough of, this book will leave you breathless!


We've still got our fighting heroine, Ellie, who's trying to adapt to the life of a Preliator. Her relationship with Will is getting more business-like every day and to make everything worse, Bastian is after her. Yes, the poor guy just can't leave her alone can he? I loved reading the battle scenes but my favourite parts of the book would be the time where Ellie gets to be alone with Will. I just want them two to be together! I know their in a complicated situation, Michael told Will that he was to be Ellie's Guardian, to protect her and be nothing other than her Guardian. Through out the book I was thinking, "COME ON! GUYS! TAKE A RISK!"

One thing I ABSOLUTELY hate about this book was the ending. There is a horrible cliffhanger, I'll let you guys read the book and find out for yourself. Another thing, don't be afraid to read this! Courtney does not dissappoint. So if you want a book where girls fight with cool swords, try it out!

Overall, Wings of the Wicked is a book that I recommend to all young-adult paranormal/action fans who want a heart racing story. 

Rating

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one. Your review makes me wanna move up my TBR
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review :) This book sounds great :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! New book for me. Thanks for the review, excuse me while I dash off to add to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete