Sunday 24 February 2013

Book Haul (#35)

Hey,

I hope you've all had a good week full of awesome books! For some reason, I haven't been reading as much as I used to. I think this is due to the fact that I that I have more school work, GCSE options, stress, and a better social life... Yeah, I'm finally going out instead of staying inside all day... It's a good change, I promise.

Last week I swapped some books on the UK Book Swap discussion on Goodreads and I am soooo excited to show you guys what books they are. 
SplinteredCursed
As soon as it was published, I knew I wanted the US hardback edition instead of the UK paperback. I don't know... I just love hardbacks, and it's such a beautiful cover as well. I started reading a few pages and I know that I'm going to love it.
I adore Jennifer L. Armentrout. I finished this book a few days ago and I am slightly disappointed that it is only a standalone novel. Not all the threads were tied and I was left feeling like there could have been a bit more because the plot has so much potential.
Neferet's Curse (House of Night Novellas, #3)
Thank you, St Martin's Press! This book was a complete surprise. I did not expect it at all. Not in a billion years. I tried reading the House of Night series but by the fourth book, Untamed, I just had to give up. They didn't really interest me. I'll try reading this but I'll probably give it away.

Leave a link to your book haul in the comments below and I'll check it out!
Enjoy your books,
Sam :D

8 comments:

  1. i got splintered too.......and i kinda agree to your point about house of night series i have actually left this series now....really don't like it when that happens though but whateva'....enjoy

    do check mine too here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I please have Neferet's Curse? Hehehe... =)

    I actually love HON especially with the latest events...

    And Splintered's cover is absolutely gorgeous... It reminds me of a fairy tale and of a forest full of insects... Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeepppp!!! Splintered! Awesome haul! :D

    Here's my Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Splintered is super amazing! And yes, that cover is gorgeous!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week!!! Happy reading
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2013/02/stacking-shelves-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Splintered and I love it! I'm not a fan of Jeb though, but Morpheus makes up for it :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Cursed last year and it was so amazing! I cannot wait to read the next book if there is one! I hope you enjoy everything.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete