Wednesday 27 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (40)

Hey,

This week I'm waiting for...
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
Release Date: April 23, 2013
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.

I adored the first book, The Immortal Rules, and I am anxiously waiting for this one to finally be available! I've also noticed the obvious cover change for the series.
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)The Immortal Rules
Old | New

I don't think the old cover looked too bad, do you? I mean, it's not the most gorgeous out there but it's definitely interesting. The new covers have a slightly more mysterious edge to them... Which one do you prefer?

Leave a link to your WoW post in the comments below so I can check it out!

Have a great week,
Sam :D

12 comments:

  1. I recently read the Eternity Cure thanks to NetGalley, and it was amazing! Definitely worth waiting for :D I actually like the new cover for the Immortal Rules, but not so sure about the Eternity Cure blue tree looking thing (not quite sure what it's supposed to be). Have you seen the Australian cover for the Eternity Cure? It's pretty weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I thought the old ones were better. Someone mentioned that the new covers resemble place-holders because they appear so plain, I wish they'd kept them the way they were before! I loved the first book, though, so I am looking forward to this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new covers and love the simple cover of The Eternity Cure but I seriously dislike cover changes after the first book :(. Makes thing so difficult... Great pick and though I haven't read bookm1 yet it is on my shelf and I hope to get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just finishing up the first book now. I love it. About 10% left. And I have an ARC of this one, so I can't wait to dive in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to read The Eternity Cure but not waiting to buy it. I hate the new cover and I refuse to repurchase the first book in the series just so they match. I might try and get a copy from another country instead. I know some of them are still following the old covers cause I've seen them on my FB wall.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Immortal Rules. I have both of these, so I'm thinking I'll read them back to back in the next month.

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like the new covers, they're a bit dull... I liked the old one better. Although I agree with you that I've seen better! Can't wait to read The Eternity Cure though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm kind of indifferent towards the new and old cover... I'm really not sure which I like better, though I understand the switch. Ally really doesn't look Asian in the old one, which obviously doesn't work for her character.

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will read his series back to back. So curious about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read the first chapter of The Eternity Cure the other day - and it promises to be at least as good as the first book!

    Great choice :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, there! New follower here! I was doing some browsing, and came across your AWESOME blog! And lo and behold, I chose this book as my WOW pick, too! I have heard SO many great things about Julie Kagawa, and can't believe I haven't read any of her books yet...but I just have a TON of books on my TBR list, as do most of us book bloggers. I think I'll start reading Kagawa with this series, since I love vamps! Great pick!!! :)

    ReplyDelete