Saturday 4 May 2013

Book Haul (#44)

Hello,

How are you all? It's been a nice sunny week, hasn't it? If you live in the south of England you will understand. ;) Also, I apologise for all the random posts this week, but if you don't mind, could you help me by clicking THIS LINK?! It's for a competition. :D Thank you to everyone who have already clicked it and possible shared it.

Today I visited one of my favourite bookshops "The Works" and saw that it was covered in "CLOSING DOWN" signs. And I was like, "NOOOOOO! Wait... EVEN CHEAPER BOOKS! GOOOO!" So I ran in and picked up so many books and box sets because everything was like... so cheap. But when I went to pay there was a sign on the counter saying, "Closing down temporarily while we refurbish. Everything must go!" So, I'm looking forward to the new stock. :D

This week I've received and bought:
Destined (House of Night, #9)The Ghosting of Gods
Thank you, St Martin's Griffin! I didn't enjoy the first few books of this series and was so surprised when I opened up the package. Anyhow, I'm ready to see what's been happening to the story.
Thank you, Cricket and John Hunt Publishing! This sounds SUPER creepy! Can't wait to start.
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Wuthering Heights
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare - Bought -
I bought this for 74p and it is the US hardback edition! BOOOOOM. I've actually already got a copy but oh well.
Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte - Bought -
I bought this for 25p. I want to get into some classics and thought this one sounded pretty cute.
The Perks of Being a WallflowerWither (The Chemical Garden, #1)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - Bought -
I bought this for £1.49 and I've already read it but I wanted my own copy. I haven't seen the movie yet... But I will soon!
Wither (The Chemical Garden #1) by Lauren DeStefano - Bought -
I bought this for 25p. I have a US paperback edition but I wanted a UK one.
Fallen: Torment. Passion
Fallen, Torment, Passion (Fallen #1-3) by Lauren Kate - Bought -
Bought this for £3.99. I read Fallen a few years back and... hated it. I'm prepared to give it another go though!
The Maze Runner Trilogy Box Set by James Dashner - Bought -
Bought this for £3.49! I remember hearing good things about it so I thought, eh? Why not try them? And I've also heard that the movie will be out next year in 2014.

Leave me a link to your Book Haul/Stacking the Shelves/ Letterbox Love/Showcase Sunday/In My Mailbox in the comments so I can check it out!

Enjoy your books,
Sam :)

14 comments:

  1. Great haul for the week! Check out mine @

    http://addictreaders.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves-2-stacking-shelves-is.html

    Follower GFC: Alicia Batista
    Hope you follow back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul this week!!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves-49-where-i-bought-too.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I just started the Maze Runner series and it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, an amazing bargain haul there :) I really need to get onto the Maze Runner books.

    Have a great week, hurrah for sunshine, finally!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ghosting of Gods sounds neat. You definitely came across some amazing bargains!! Even converted to $$ I know those are ridiculously awesome prices!! Great haul, Happy Reading.

    My Weekly Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrr! You are so lucky!
    I have already read Clockwork Prince - reading Clockwork Princess now *w* - and also Wither.

    I have Fallen sitting on my shelf, bought at a very cheap prize, just like you ^^
    I found the movie of the Perks of Being a Wallflower amazing, and I can't wait to start the book. Speaking of the House of Night Series, I have read until (can't remember the number)Burned, and even if it is not that great, I will pick the rest up soon, just for curiosity.

    hope you will have a great week! Clicked on the link, by the way! ;D

    My Showcase @ Sara In Bookland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul. I love the house of Night series, and and the Infernal Devices. Hope you enjoy all your new books.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the House of Night Series on and off. Some of the books are slow some are great, I think I'm on book 9 or 10. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weathering Heights...is not a cute novel! Lol I would love to hear your thoughts on it when you finish it. Nice haul Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, The Ghosting of the Gods sounds interesting. I'll definitely check it out. The cover of Wither, I like. And even though I have the books (1-4) I still haven't read the House of Night series. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I'm in love with the maze runner boxed set, wonder if the bargain is still there... Love the cover of Wuthering heights too, never seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! When I was sorting out spam comments I accidentally clicked on your's. I apologize!!

      Delete