Sunday 19 May 2013

Book Haul (#46)

Hey,

Crazy week! It's been freezing and school has been so, so tiring. And I think I've been spending most of my time watching the new season of House of Anubis on Nickelodeon.
Guys, I'm warning you! It's so addictive. It's basically about a group of boarding school students who live in this ancient house and they keep finding things, and sorting ancient mysteries. There's also romance that keeps things more entertaining. I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND YOU SHOULD START WATCHING FROM SEASON 1 NOOOOWW! :D

Okay, sorry about the rant. ;) This week I have received/borrowed/bought:
GoddessThe Testing (The Testing, #1)
Goddess (Starcrossed #3) by Josephine Angelini - Received -
Thank you, Panmacmillan! I received this book on Monday and finished it that same night around 12am... Yeah, a bit late, but I physically couldn't put it down! I HAD TO FINISH IT. And guess what? It was freaking amazing. Watch out for my review.
The Testing (The Testing #1) by Joelle Charbonneau - Received -
Thank you, Templar Publishing! This has been recommended to The Hunger Games fans and I'm curious to find out about the story.
All the Truth That's In MeBittersweet
All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry - Received -
Thank you, Templar Publishing! This books sounds so cool. I can't wait to read it.
Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler - Bought -
I've read a few books by Sarah Ockler and have been dying for this! I finally bought it and finished it in a matter of hours. Damn, I think I was dying for cupcakes all the way through.
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Torn
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer - Borrowed -
I LOVED CINDER AND I'VE FINALLY GOT THIS SO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Torn by Cat Clarke - Borrowed -
I read Undone, Cat's most recent novel, and decided I should try out a few more of her books.
Forget You
Forget You by Jennifer Echols - Borrowed -
I haven't read anything by Jennifer Echols and I've heard a lot of good things so... BRING IT ON!

Leave a link to your Book Haul/Stacking the Shelves/Showcase Sunday/In My Mailbox/Letterbox Love in the comments so I can check it out!

Enjoy your books,
Sam :)

5 comments:

  1. Great books this week! I love anything Jennifer Echols writes!!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a few good looking books! I really enjoyed Scarlet! :)

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Cinder, too, but I didn't like Scarlet anywhere near as much. I felt the protagonist was too wimpy -- waiting for her man to save her all the time -- and I felt the book was very much a "middle book," with no real ending to the conflicts presented in the book (whereas Cinder felt like it had an end, even though we all knew it was part of a longer story).
    I'll be anxious to read what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started reading Bittersweet not long ago when it came out but I never finished it. I'm hoping to get my own copy so I can because what I read I did like! I hope you enjoy everything :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul, lucky gal! I haven't heard of a couple of these but I am going to head over to Goodreads and check them out. The Testing, The Truth That's In Me. I love those covers, too! Can't wait to see what you think of Goddess. I need to check out Cat Clarke! Love the one Jennifer Echols book that I have read. Need to see what more of her books are about! And Scarlet is on my list. Haven't read Cinder yet, (I know, I am ashamed) but they are both on the list. And I am excited for them!

    ReplyDelete