Wednesday 22 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (52)

Hey,

This week I'm waiting for...
Thousand Words
Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown
Release Date:
May 21, 2013
Ashleigh's boyfriend, Kaleb, is about to leave for college, and Ashleigh is worried that he'll forget about her while he's away. So at a legendary end-of-summer pool party, Ashleigh's friends suggest she text him a picture of herself -- sans swimsuit -- to take with him. Before she can talk herself out of it, Ashleigh strides off to the bathroom, snaps a photo in the full-length mirror, and hits "send."

But when Kaleb and Ashleigh go through a bad breakup, Kaleb takes revenge by forwarding the text to his baseball team. Soon the photo has gone viral, attracting the attention of the school board, the local police, and the media. As her friends and family try to distance themselves from the scandal, Ashleigh feels completely alone -- until she meets Mack while serving her court-ordered community service. Not only does Mack offer a fresh chance at friendship, but he's the one person in town who received the text of Ashleigh's photo -- and didn't look. 

Acclaimed author Jennifer Brown brings readers a gripping novel about honesty and betrayal, redemption and friendship, attraction and integrity, as Ashleigh finds that while a picture may be worth a thousand words . . . it doesn't always tell the whole story.


This sounds like a really interesting contemporary novel! Mack seems like a cool character and I can't wait to meet him! I haven't read anything by Jennifer Brown yet but this sounds like a good place to start as any.
Perfect EscapeHate List
Leave a link to your WoW post in the comments so I can check it out!

Have a good week,
Sam :)

9 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this one before! I love the font treatment and the imaging of the cover - it's intriguing. It sounds sad! But I feel like this is something I would enjoy. I'll check out her other books, too! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice, I've seen this mentioned on a few blogs and although it's not something I would normally read it's intrigued me enough to put it on the wishlist!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this! This sounds super good. I have already read a book by the author before. Didn't know she was releasing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge contemporary junkie and I really want to read this book soon! The subject matter is pretty tough but I'd love to see how it goes.

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big contemporary reader but I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love contemporary stories, and while I have yet to read a book by this author, I have heard that she is one of the best contemp authors today. I think that when I do start reading her books, this is the one that I will start with. The far-reaching complications from this one mistake are very intriguing. I am curious to see if she is able to hold her head high, and move on, or if she lets it drown her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never read Jennifer Brown books before. Thanks for sharing. This books look great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. is that NA book ? sounds an interesting book...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of The Perfec Escape but the other two are already on my wishlist! I never noticed they were all written by the same person...I guess it's time to add The Perfect Escape to the above mentioned list haha

    Joana @ Joana In The Sky With Books

    ReplyDelete