Friday 14 June 2013

The YA Crush Tourney: Augustus Waters

Hey guys!
I am so happy to say that I have been chosen to be an advocate in the 3rd annual YA Crush Tournament hosted by the lovely girls over at the YA Sisterhood.

I am even freakin' happier to announce that I'm the advocate for AUGUSTUS WATERS! YES AUGUSTUS WATERS


I know there are some of you scratching your heads thinking, "Damn, who is this guy?", and there are many of you nodding your head, smiling and swooning at the mention of his name. 

For all of you who don't know who Augustus Waters, or Gus for short, is... Well, you better get down over to a bookshop/library and check out THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green.

Are you ready for my amazing argument to why you should vote for Augustus?

WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE?
Gus is described in the book as a major hottie who Hazel (the protagonist) meets right at the start of the book, and their relationship starts with a heated staring contest at a cancer group. 
"Look, let me just say it: He was hot. A non-hot boy stares at you relentlessly and it is, at best, awkward, and at worst, a form of assault. But a hot boy... well."
Picture... 
Dark brown hair, 
Beautiful blue eyes, 
Tall and the 
Definition of perfection

Gus was a star basketball player before he lost his leg to osteoarthritis (an aggressive form of cancer) and is in remission, but even with his false leg, he is beautiful. Can't picture him? Well, maybe this will help you...
(Model: Joshua Anthony Brand AKA the perfect Augustus)
Oi, Sam! You can't win us over with JUST looks! What's his personality like?
I'm glad you asked! Augustus is a charming, lovable, swoon-worthy, book-obsessed and thoughtful  character. Oh, you want some proof?
------------------
He shook his head, just looking at me.
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing," he said.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
Augustus half smiled. "Because you're beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence.” 
--------------------------------------------------
“Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.” 
-------------------------
Not to mention his unique and optimistic view on the world. He is not scared of death, so he tries to keep the mood light and turns any kind of situation into something to smile about.
------------------------
“I can only hope,” Julie said, turning back to Gus, “they grow into the kind of thoughtful, intelligent young men you’ve become.”
I resisted the urge to audibly gag. “He’s not that smart,” I said to Julie.
She’s right. It’s just that most really good-looking people are stupid, so I exceed expectations.
“Right, it’s primarily his hotness,” I said.
It can be sort of blinding,” he said.
“It actually did blind our friend Isaac,” I said.
Terrible tragedy, that. But can I help my own deadly beauty?
“You cannot.”
It is my burden, this beautiful face.
“Not to mention your body.”
Seriously, don’t even get me started on my hot bod. You don’t want to see me naked, Dave. Seeing me naked actually took Hazel Grace’s breath away,” he said, nodding toward the oxygen tank.
“Okay, enough,” Gus’s dad said.
--------------------
I apologise for so many quotes! But the thing is, everything Gus says is either funny, swoon-worthy, or noteworthy and I feel like I NEED to share them with you.
You're right. He is pretty charming, and quite funny, and *Drools* that picture. Hmm, but I'm not quite convinced yet!
Still stubborn? TIME TO PULL OUT THE BIG GUNS... 
At the beginning of May, an Australian Youtuber called Troye Sivan wrote a stunning song for The Fault in Our Stars. He's trying to make people more aware of cancer but also convince people to read the book because he just LOVED it that much. 
I felt that this was important to share because this tournament is not only about sharing out beloved boys, but it's also here to share books.
To conclude:
"I have an Augustus Waters fetish," I explained.
Oh, Hazel, don't we all? Augustus Waters is a beautiful human being with a heart of gold and words of wisdom. If his gorgeous blue eyes aren't enough for you, his words are enough to win anyone over.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you convinced? Augustus is up against Noah Shaw from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, so he could really use your vote!
The poll is open for the next 24 hours (14th June 12.00 to 15th June 12.00.) Gus is thanking you for your support.

Have a good day,
Sam :D

No comments:

Post a Comment