Wednesday 25 December 2013

Sam's Best of 2013

Hey,

We have almost reached the end of 2013! 
It is time to share joy, and love, AND BOOKS!!! These are my favourites from 2013, in no particular order. (And also bearing in mind that some of these were not released in 2013, I simply read them this year, thank you :).)
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
Release Date: March 19, 2013
A stunning conclusion to an amazing trilogy! A whole rollercoaster of emotions I can't even describe! If you love a bit of steam punk romance make sure you check out The Infernal Devices
Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
Release Date: June 6, 2013
WOW! An absolutely exquisite high fantasy novel set in a magical world with crazy and loveable characters. I'm dying for the last book. It's going to be stunning. 
Release Date: August 15, 2013
Another high fantasy! This time about assassins. I LOVE ASSASSIN STORIES!!!! Especially when there are some great guys incorporated into it. And I've also found out that there are going to be 6 books............... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Deception (Defiance, #2)
Deception (Defiance #2) by C.J. Redwine
Release Date: August 27, 2013
ANOTHER high fantasy! Redwine's writing is flawless and you will not be able to put the book down, I promise. There is even a dragon. And romance. And mystery. AND PA LEN TYYY of strong and admirable heroines to look up to!
Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Release Date: February 5, 2013
I adore fairytale retellings and Meyer's series is simply perfect. This installment tackles Red Riding Hood, and the next, Cress, will be about Rapunzel. GAAAAAH GIVE IT TO MEEE NOOW.
All Our Yesterdays
Release Date: August 1, 2013
I haven't read much time-travel books at all and when this book came along... Wow. It just blew me away.
The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
The Fifth Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
Release Date: May 7, 2013
Did I think I was going to love and fall hard for this book? Naah. But guess what? I FREAKIN' ADORED IT SO MUCH IT'S CRAZY! If you need a sci-fi, just....... just pick this up. It is stunning.
Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi
Release Date:
January 8, 2013

Another great installment from Veronica Rossi! I love her writing style and I love the world that she has created. I'm on edge for Into the Still Blue! I need some more Aria and Perry, Roar and Liv.
The Fault in Our Stars
Release Date: January 12, 2012
*Cries* This novel is just exquisite! I've never really fell for Green's books but this one just got to me. The characters are so unique and inspirational and entertaining they won't leave your heart after you've finished, I promise. Dying for the movie.
Unbreakable (Unravelling, #2)
Unbreakable (Unravelling #2) by Elizabeth Norris
Release Date: June 6, 2013
A brilliant duo! If you want a thriller/post-apocalyptic/sci-fi. It is genuinely so cool and definitely unique. The characters are awesome and some may not be from our world...
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Release Date: September 1, 2012 (Movie edition)
I only read this book this year and it has just changed me as a person. A stunningly written novel with a heartbreaking storyline and beautifully crafted characters. Read the book, then watch the movie.
Elegy (Watersong, #4)
Elegy (Watersong #4) by Amanda Hocking
Release Date: August 6, 2013
The conclusion to the Watersong series about really badass sirens with plenty of romance and amazing characters! I have absolutely adored Daniel and Harper's relationship from the beginning. Cannot wait for some more books from Hocking!
Champion (Legend, #3)
Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu
Release Date: November 5, 2013
An absolutely stunning and beautiful conclusion that I found practically impossible to put down. It gave me so many feels, made me laugh, smile, sit on the edge of my seat, and I also cried. PICK THIS TRILOGY UP NOOOW!

You can also check out my favourites from 2012 which I posted last year right HERE!

Have a real good Christmas,
Sam :)

13 comments:

  1. Whoa!!! Great collection. I've read many of these books too and loved them as well. Merry Christmas to you and your family .

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING list! I love Perks and Fault! I haven't read the others but I own a few and am super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THe only one of these that I have actually read this year is Through the Ever Night and it is one of my fave's of this year, and just in general. Most of the others are on my TBR and I hope I can get to them soon. So many books, so little time. But I am working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to get crown of midnight and to discover the defiance series so seeing them in your favourite list just make me want to get them faster
    ( i can't make a top 10 of favourite books, i enjoyed too many)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I've read The Fault in Our Stars this year, too. It's an amazing book! I'm planning to read Clockwork Princess next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perks is hands down the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these yet. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read Crown of Midnight. But I also loved Scarlet and Siege and Storm. Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices, I loved The Fault In Our Stars...such an amazing emotional read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great choices! I loved Clockwork Princess, Siege and Storm, Deception, The 5th Wave, Through the Ever Night, The Fault in Our Stars, Unbreakable, and Champion. I haven't read the rest of them yet, but I really want to. Especially Scarlet (Cinder was so amazing!) and Crown of Midnight (I need to start this series ASAP!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most of the books here are on my best books for 2103 too. I loved Siege and Storm, Crown of Midnight, Deception, 5TH wave, Through the Ever Night, TFIOS TOO. I really need to start on the Lunar Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely All Our Yesterdays! I LOVED this book:) The characters rocked:)

    so did Defiance:)

    Lovely choices:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 100% agree! Such Fantastic books! Especially loved the 5th Wave!

    ReplyDelete