Monday 10 February 2014

My review of Endless Knight

Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles #2) by Kresley Cole
Release Date: October 1, 2013
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon | The Book Depository

Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)Evie has her full powers as the Tarot Empress, and Jack was there to see it all. Teens reincarnated as the Tarot are in the throes of an epic battle for mankind. She must trust new allies against other Arcana, Bagmen zombies, post-apocalyptic storms, and cannibals. But she's also drawn to Death, the Endless Knight, who shares history with the Empress. She can't remember; he can't forget.

*May contain spoilers for Poison Princess*
Poison Princess stunned me with its gripping and original premise, but Endless Knight simply blew me away in every way. I'm still trying to catch my breathe after that whirlwind of a book.

The Arcana Chronicles has a very, very interesting and complex plot, which I will attempt to explain. There is something called "The Flash", which is basically the end of the world and all that's left on the world are the Arcana cards to battle for the prize of immortality. The books are told from the POV of Evie who is one of the cards and we just get sucked into this deadly and messed up world. And the more you read, the harder it is to put the story down!

In Poison Princess, I was completely hooked on Jack, a boy from Evie's school before the flash, and I adored their relationship. When I heard that this "Death" guy was being introduced, I was like "HELL N'AW!"
However, Cole decides to be harsh on us and makes us fall in love with the closed-off and lonely "Death" character. As the story goes on, you just find yourself drawing away from Jack as secrets and twists are revealed, and you can't help but fall harder for Death, who ACTUALLY has a name. Aric. And he might not be the ruthless and vial creature you'd expect him to be...


We also meet more of the Tarot cards. Yep, more deadly people with supernatural powers; I LOVE IT! And in this installment I like how we see more of the powers that each of the characters have rather than simply skipping out on it all. We get to witness each growing into their own powers and it's magnificent to read about.

I will undoubtedly be reading the next installment as the story is simply too good to miss out on. If you want something quirky and unique with a kickass plot set in a strage dystopian world then this series is for you, my dear friend.
Rating

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this book. Probably the most well-done sequel I've ever come across. And how on earth did Cole make me team Aric? Gah! NEED THE NEXT ONE!

    ReplyDelete