Wednesday 4 February 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (141)

Hey,

This week I'm waiting for...
The Game of Love and Death
Release Date: April 28, 2015
Antony and Cleopatra. Helen of Troy and Paris. Romeo and Juliet. And now . . . Henry and Flora.

For centuries Love and Death have chosen their players. They have set the rules, rolled the dice, and kept close, ready to influence, angling for supremacy. And Death has always won. Always.

Could there ever be one time, one place, one pair whose love would truly tip the balance?

Meet Flora Saudade, an African-American girl who dreams of becoming the next Amelia Earhart by day and sings in the smoky jazz clubs of Seattle by night. Meet Henry Bishop, born a few blocks and a million worlds away, a white boy with his future assured — a wealthy adoptive family in the midst of the Great Depression, a college scholarship, and all the opportunities in the world seemingly available to him.

The players have been chosen. The dice have been rolled. But when human beings make moves of their own, what happens next is anyone’s guess.

Leave a link to your WoW post in the comments below so I can check it out!

Have a good week,
Sam :D

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really different and really good! Going to add to my TBR, thanks for sharing!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too familiar with this one! Though I loooooveeee love stories :D I hope you enjoy this one when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete